Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Scam #9

I found this little zine in a record store in Philadelphia for $3.00. I picked it up because I had a long drive ahead of me and figured it would keep me occupied. I honestly wasn't expecting very much from it because I arrogantly assumed I'd heard this story a thousand times and wouldn't have anything interesting revealed to me (see Get in the Van, Our Band Could Be Your Life, and countless other accounts.) Well, I was pleasantly surprised, this little zine packs in a lot of information and does so in an almost academic way with footnotes and deep analysis of events; info culled from various interviews with band members and other eyewitnesses. Great Stuff, Erik Lyle has done a great service to this pivotal, monumental album.

If you see this zine pick one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment